Sunday, January 29, 2006

Leah gets a Tattoo

Ladies and gentlemen, this is my fabulous little sister Leah Joye, who on January 28th experienced a right of passage like none other! Yesterday afternoon, I nervously walked with Leah to the ever popular White Lotus, where she got her first TATTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Leah had made the appointment for five and we showed up a little later early to meet up with the hardly less then fabulous Justin who was also getting a tattoo. While I was the only one not getting a tattoo I was noticeably more nervous then these two cucumbers. My nerves where mostly brought in bad a bad dream I had a few nights before where I had gone to the tattoo parlor with Leah but in my dream when they fired up the needle I looked over and he was about to stab my baby, to which I screamed - "don't stab my baby!" However Leah reassured me that getting a tattoo was not like stabbing a baby.
So after filling out some sheets and talking to one of the tattoo moms who had come with her pierced and tattooed children, Sean, the tattoo artist was ready - Leah wanted to go first!

Leah was calm,cool,collected and except for the occasional "I feel hurty face!" She was tough as nails. I thought that she would probably cry, but she said it wasn't that bad ... but Sean said that he might cry because his eyes where dry from not blinking ... too much concentration! HA!
It didn't take long at all and the whole thing was a little anti-climatic except for the choice 90's music blarring in the room (Smashing Pumpkins kept the moment pretty epic!) When it was all said and done it looked REALLY GREAT, and turned out just how leah wanted.

Up next Justin!!!!

Oh Justin that big manly man, was getting his third tattoo and wasn't a bit nervous, however he did make a few more faces then Leah did! Justin said that it hurt a lot more then the ones he has on his back. His tattoo was of a pair of scissors with legs with high heels instead of legs that he found in a Scissor sister CD jacket. It was amazing and turned out so well!!! All in all, it was a pretty fast hour. Sean cleaned them up, they paid and he sent us home with little tattoo care treat bags ... Complete with stickers!!!!

So in the end what Tattoo did Leah Joye get? A Pirate ship? A Snake? A Winking Skull? Noooooooooooooooope!

It's a HEART. She drew it her self and I feel that it's very appropriate. Leah always did wear her heart on her sleeve! It still needs to heal, which will take about a week of being Saran wrapped and taped. It will be fine for next week when she goes home for a week to do some work experience where our parents will see it! YIKES!

Sorry for those of you who wanted to see Justins Tattoo, I'll try to get some pic next week! And for those of you who want to know, Justins shirt says: "Models Wanted".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home