Saturday, February 25, 2006

The Amazon came and Went

I had written a delightful post about my best friend Courtney's visit a weekend or two ago, however when I tried to post it my internet lost the connection to the server and my exciting post was lost! It was very sad, tears might have been shed. So, any way here are the highlights of her visit. For those of you who don't know, an Amazon is a woman who's size is suitable for jungle life ie. swinging from tree to tree or scooping unsuspecting tourists/children on to her back. This is my BEST friend in the universe COURTNEY SPENCER, she's an Amazon.

Courtney is unashamedly her self and she brings that out in the people around her. She is possiblely the funniest person I know. She will still be telling me jokes on my death bed, and I'll be laughin' and coughin'. We had a blast going to youth group at TMP, church on Sunday ( One Way. Jesus Your're the only one that I could live for...) Class with me on monday (yep, Courtney went to class with me on her week off, now that's love!) An impromptu dinner party with my Freddie Town BF Megan, my sister Leah, the Ol' Fiance and the newly arrived Ausi Dan (if you see an Asian skateboarder with an Australian accent help him find a good cup of coffee!) We had a riot reading Archie Comics out loud to each other, a favorite pass time of Courtney and I, and eating Rice, Stirfry, egg rolls, and strawberry short cake, courtesy of Ryan! Every thing was soooo yummy, ( This food list goes our to the Petersons who rock the food descriptions on their blog weekly!)

On our last day Courtney and I went on a date to the Blue Door where we were deceived by the titles on the menu that made food sound more epic then it was, every thing was good, but needless to say, the Perogie pizza was not nearly as exciting as we had imagined. It was a sad moment handing Courtney her skateboard and waving to her as she got on the bus, but she'll be back, Amazons always return to their own!

4 Comments:

Blogger Micah and Katie said...

Thanks for the Shout out : )

7:11 PM  
Blogger kristy said...

Just giving props to my favorite bloggers and their yummy food descriptions!!!

ps. drove through Moncton today trying to find envelopes with my dad ... I thought of you guys, super dates and jamming!I miss you guys!

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo Kristy!! this is karen! i saw you had a blog through adam O! anyway just stopped in to say hey!! hope all is well! peace out!

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when do i get to meet courtney?? :(
-anna

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home